When the pregnancy hormones, traffic, and the Sunday scaries happen all at once I cook. This salad was born as a way to conquer the Sunday scaries with my longing for Spring as an inspiration! My second pregnancy has woken up an even stronger love for cooking. Brian, my husband, travels every week for work so cooking has become like a therapy to heal my broken heart (haha so cheesy) and a fantastic way to cure my boredom. There is something powerful and grounding about making healthy meals to nurture your family. Whenever I feel the stress and exhaustion from being alone all week has desensitized me, cooking brings me back to sanity. A Spotify playlist and some chopping refocuses my mind and allow me to relax. The only thing missing is 1 (or 2) glasses of wine!
Spring Salad with Basil Lemon Viniagrette
- 12 oz. haricot verts
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 1 zuchinni
- 1/3 cup basil (packed)
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 cracks of fresh pepper
- Olive oil
Directions (to prep veggies)
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add haricot verts and 2 garlic cloves sliced and season with salt. Cook for about 7 minutes, stiring ocassionaly, or just until crisp-tender. Repeat this step with asparagus. Set aside
- Slice fennel and set aside.
- Slice the zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Set aside.
- Place basil, lemon, salt, pepper and olive oil in food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Combine veggies in a big bowl, pour viniagrette over salad and toss until well combined